These kebabs get their name from their 3 main ingredients – peanuts, gram flour and bread. Simple and quick to make, these kebabs bring in a fresh flavour to a usual evening. Perfect to be served at tea time or as appetizers before a hearty meal, 3-way kebabs are a dish you’ll definitely want to have more than once.
- Peanuts, coarsely ground 1/3 cup
- Bread Slices 2
- Gram Flour (Besan) 2 tablespoons
- Capsicum or Green Peas, ground 2 teaspoons
- Salt To taste
- Red Chilli powder ¼ teaspoon
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) ¼ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil For deep frying
- Soak the bread slices in water and then squeeze them within your palms to get rid of excess water. Then crumble the wet bread into a mixing bowl.
- Add the coarsely ground peanuts and grinded capsicum or green peas.
Tip: Other veggies of choice like grated carrots can also be added to the mixture.
- Add salt, dry mango powder and red chilli powder to the boxl.
- Combine everything into a mixture. You won’t need to add any water since the soaked bread and ground capsicum / peas will provide the moisture needed.
- Place a wok or deep frying pan over medium heat with oil in it.
- Meanwhile, grease your palms and give the kebabs shape.
- Once the oil has heated up, lower the heat and them carefully slide in the kebabs for deep-frying.
Tip: Fry the kebabs on low heat to ensure the gram flour cooks perfectly. Otherwise the resulting kebabs will have a distinct uncooked gram flour taste.
- When done, transfer the kebabs to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Slice them up in desired shape and serve hot with tomato ketchup, cheese and green chutney.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes