Spiral pasta (Fusilli) and veggies tossed in a rich mayonnaise dressing, the Veg-&-Mayo Pasta is super easy to make at home. It’s a quick-make, yummy dish that’s loved by kids and can be served as an interesting side-dish for a small party.
- Spiral Pasta (Fusilli) 1 cup
- Choice of veggies, finely chopped 1 cup
- (I used the classic onion-tomato-capsicum combo)
- Mayonnaise 2 tablespoons
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper powder Pinch
- Cooking Oil 2 tablespoons
Note: You can use any pasta shape of your preference.
- Boil the pasta to desired softness. Drain and let it stand on a sieve.
Tip: After draining the boiled pasta, drizzle a little olive oil (or usual cooking oil) on it and toss gently with hands. This prevents the pasta from sticking to each other on cooling down.
- Place a non-stick shallow frying pan over medium heat and add cooking oil.
- Once the oil heats, add the chopped onions and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped tomato, stir and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook until the tomatoes release their juice and become tender. Then add the chopped capsicum (green bell pepper).
- Sprinkle salt, stir and then cover the pan with lid for a 3 – 4 minutes or until the capsicum becomes tender.
- Remove the lid and add the mayonnaise. Stir to combine everything nicely.
- Immediately add the boiled pasta and gently stir to coat it with everything.
- Sprinkle black pepper powder and stir gently.
- Turn off heat and transfer the pasta to a serving dish. Serve hot!
Tip: If you love oregano, sprinkle some on the ready pasta before serving to give it a lovely aroma.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2