Rice is one food item that can be cooked in a variety of ways. This is an easy recipe to create a yummy version of freshly cooked or leftover rice. Put in some interesting ingredients and sprinkle a dash of lemon to make yourself a bowlful of tangy tasteful lemon rice any time of the day. It’s a welcome change to be served at family get togethers too!
(Potato, Peas, Carrot)
- Onion, sliced long 1 medium
- Mustard seeds (Rai) 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 6 – 7
- Lemon juice 2 – 3 teaspoons
- Salt To taste
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil 1 tablespoon
- Put a wok on medium heat and put oil in it; once the oil heats up throw in the mustard seeds.
- As soon as they crackle add the curry leaves.
- Throw in the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Now add the spices, boiled veggies and roasted peanuts, mix and toss to coat nicely.
- Add the boiled rice and toss gently so as not to break the rice too much.
- Turn off the heat and drizzle the lemon juice over the rice.
- Give a final toss and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes