A quick and simple recipe which is extremely delicious, Malai paneer is made with cottage cheese (paneer), tomato puree and malai or fresh cream. If you happen to have sudden guests at home this awesome recipe can be served in no time!
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) 200 grams
- Tomatoes, pureed 3 medium
- Green chilies, cut length wise 2
- Fresh malai or thick cream 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt To taste
- Cut the paneer into square pieces and keep aside.
- Place a deep frying pan on medium heat with oil in it.
- When the oil heats up, add cumin seeds to it.
- As soon as the seeds start crackling, pour tomato puree in it.
- Cook until the oil starts separating from the puree and then reduce the heat.
- Now add dry spices, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add fresh malai or thick cream to the pan, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Now add the paneer to the gravy. Cook for a minute and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the ready malai paneer to serving dish, garnish with green chilies and some cream or beaten malai. Serve hot with chapatti, paratha or naan.
Tip: You may sprinkle dried fenugreek leaves powder (kasuri methi powder) over the ready paneer for a nice aroma.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3