Soya chunks and boiled green peas tempered in delicious onion-tomato thick gravy, Nutri-Matar is a tasty and healthy meal option. Easy to make, this dish can be served as a semi-dry main course item and accompanies any kind of bread like naan or chapatti and even steamed rice.
- Soya chunks 2/3 cup (soaked in salted water)
- Green Peas, boiled 1 cup
- Onion, sliced long 1 large
- Tomato, chopped 1 – 2 medium
- Green chilly, chopped 1 medium
- Salt To taste
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder ½ teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/3 teaspoon
- Water As required
- Cumin seeds ½ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil 1 tablespoon
- Place a deep frying pan over medium heat and pour oil in it.
- As soon as the oil heats up, add the cumin seeds and let them crackle for 2 – 3 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and chopped green chilly and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then lower the heat and let the onions cook until they become translucent and soft.
- Once the onions are done, add the chopped tomato and stir-fry. Let the tempering cook until the tomatoes release their juice and become soft.
- Add all spices and stir. Finally add the boiled peas. Also, drain the soya chunks and then squeeze them within your fingers to get rid of excess water. Add these chunks to the pan.
- Stir everything and then add just a little water. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Let everything cook for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3