Italian cuisine has developed through tons of social and political centuries but maintains its roots. Italian cuisines are best known for their regional diversity, each with a distinct taste. This is an easy recipe to prepare a fabulous non vegetarian Italian dish i.e. lasagna with mince meat Bolognese sauce. It is a delicious dish which may be served as a snack or entrée or even as a side at main course dinner table.
Ingredients for Bolognese Sauce
- Uncooked minced meat with fat 2 cups
- Diced tomatoes 200 grams
- Tomato puree 1 cup
- Garlic, finely chopped or minced 1 or 2 cloves
- Dried oregano 1 teaspoon
- Salt and ground black pepper For seasoning
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
Ingredients for Lasagna
- Lasagna sheets As required
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Crumbled Cheese 2.5 cups
- Lightly beaten egg 1
- Cooking spray or oil To grease baking dish
- Put a large pot on medium heat with enough water in it to boil. Add a large pinch of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil in it.
- Add in lasagna when water starts boiling. Boil for 8 – 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water then set aside.
- Put a saucepan over medium heat with minced meat in it, stir and cook for 10 – 12 minutes or until well browned. Remove from pan and keep aside for a while.
- Add 1 tbsp oil into same pan and add in minced garlic, stir and sauté for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add in diced tomatoes and tomato puree into the pan. Stir and cook for 7 – 8 minutes or until the tomatoes are well cooked and the oil starts to separate.
- Return the cooked minced meat to the pan, stir and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Sprinkle the oregano and stir. Then remove from heat.
- Combine 100 grams of the crumbled cheese with lightly beaten egg in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix, keep aside.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease a deep baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- Now for assembling, lay a few cooking lasagna sheets side by side at bottom of the prepared baking dish in a single layer. Spread half of the egg and cheese mixture all over lasagna layer then top it with half of prepared Bolognese sauce.
- Sprinkle half of remaining cheese on top of meat layer then arrange another set of lasagna sheets, egg and cheese mixture, meaty sauce and the cheese on top in the same manner.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 – 15 minutes or until the top layer of cheese is browned at edges and is bubbling at the center.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve immediately in the baking dish.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes