Potatoes form a main ingredient of North Indian food and there are numerous ways to transform them into beautiful dishes. This recipe is easy and yields a yummy potato dish.
- Baby potatoes (or small potatoes) 500 grams
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1 teaspoon
- Dry Mango powder (Amchur) 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Cooking Oil 1 tablespoon
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and let them dry for a few minutes. Do not peel them off.
- Using a sharp knife make a plus shaped slit in the center of each potato.
- Combine all dry spices (except cumin seeds) in a small bowl.
- Fill this spice mixture within the potatoes through the plus-shaped slits.
- Place a wok or deep frying pan over high heat and pour the oil in it.
- As soon as the oil heats up add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now carefully put the filled potatoes in the pan. Let them cook for a 1 – 2 minutes on high heat.
- Sprinkle any remaining spice mixture over the potatoes and toss them well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan or wok. Let the potatoes cook for 20 – 25 minutes on low heat or until they are cooked through.
- When done, transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4