A unique Kuttu recipe, these Uttapams are sure to delight you and bring in a refreshing change for your taste buds. Put in all the veggies you have during Navratra fasts to adapt them as per your preference. Quick to make, healthy and delicious to have, these uttapams are a must-try.
- Kuttu flour or Singhara flour 1 cup
- Soda water As required for making batter
- Salt To taste
- Choice of vegetables 1 cup
- Cooking oil 3 – 4 tablespoon
- Sift the flour in a bowl and gradually add soda water to it. Mix well to make a smooth batter having consistency similar to dosa batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Place a saute-pan over medium heat and pour some oil in it. As soon as it heats up add vegetables (potato, capsicum , coriander, paneer etc) and saute until tender.
- Place a flat griddle or non-stick flat pan (tawa) over medium heat and grease it with a little oil.
- When it heats up, spread the batter on it. Spread toppings on the surface and press down gently with a flat spatula.
- Cook till golden brown on both sides. Take care while flipping it over.
- When done, transfer to a serving plate. Serve with coconut chutney .
Preparation Time: 30 minutes