Besan ka Parantha is a type of Indian bread made of gram flour combined with wheat flour and added with spices. This is cooked and fried on griddle with oil or ghee. This is a rich source of iron as it is made from gram flour. A healthy and filling start to a perfect day.
- Gram flour 3 tablespoons
- Wheat flour 3 tablespoons
- Onion, chopped 1
- Green chili, chopped 1
- Coriander, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Salt To taste
- Cooking oil 3 tablespoons
- Take a bowl and put besan, wheat flour, coriander, chili, onion, ghee, salt, haldi and ajwain in it.
- Add water to knead and make soft dough. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Make 4 equal portions of the dough, take one and make shape of a ball.
- Dust the dough ball in dry flour and roll with the help of a rolling pin on rolling board in round shape.
- Place a non-stick tawa or griddle on flame.
- When heated grease with oil and put the paratha on it.
- Bake on medium heat till it cooks from lower side then flip it.
- Put some oil on it and spread all around, flip the parantha with greased side down.
- Repeat on the top now.
- When cooked from both sides shift it in the serving dish and serve hot with butter and pickle.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes