Fruit parfait refers to French style frozen dessert which is usually made of eggs, cream, sugar and/or fruit juices layered with fresh or canned fruits. This creation is usually topped with whipped cream, fresh or canned fruits and/or juices. This Simple Fruit Parfait recipe delivers a beautiful looking desert that pleases the senses. Perfect for parties!
- Mixed berries of your choice 2 cups
- Strawberry or Raspberry gelatin 2 packets
- Greek yogurt 1 cup
- Vanilla pudding or custard 1 cup
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Mint leaves For garnish
- Sprinkle flavored gelatin over a cup of water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Microwave it for 30 seconds and keep aside until semi set stage.
- Stir in 1 cup of berries into prepared custard and keep aside.
- Take 4 parfait glasses and add ¼ cup of Greek yogurt into each of glass. Spoon ¼ of prepared gelatin over yogurt and layer ¼ cup of pudding or custard over them.
- Finally place ¼ of whipped topping in all glasses and garnish with rest 1 cup of mixed berries and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate to chill before serving.
Tips: 1. You may add any of chopped fruits of your liking such as bananas, pineapple or peaches to make a parfait dessert.
2. Whipped cream may be used instead of Greek yogurt and in that case garnish it with scoops of ice cream on top.
3. Drizzle some fruit syrup or maple syrup on top if you want to make this dessert a bit extra sweet.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes (excluding refrigeration time)