Cookies baked with a dash of Christmas-y feeling. Reindeer cookies are simple to make at home and are perfect little treats for kids. These delicious biscuits will add the much needed crunch to your Christmas treat table.
- Butter, softened 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Smooth Peanut Butter 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- All-purpose flour 3 cups
- Baking soda 2 teaspoons
- Pretzel twists 48 small, or as needed
- Chocolate chips and M&M’s/Gems As needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- In a large bowl put the butter, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, peanut butter and sugar. Beat using electric beater until smooth and creamy.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into this mixture and beat again to mix well. The final batter should be of dough consistency.
- Break off small portions of the dough and roll into balls. Then flatten each ball into an inverted (upside down) triangle.
- Now press 2 pretzels into the top 2 corners of each triangle that’ll make the ears of reindeers.
- Finally press 2 chocolate chips in place of eyes and an M&M / Gems in place of the nose.
- Arrange the cookies on baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and done.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookies on wire racks to cool. Serve with other treats for Christmas.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 24 servings