Flat baked treats made comprising of butter, raisins, oatmeal, porridge and chocolate chips or nuts, these cookies can light up your day with just one bite. If you love having cookies, begin your baking journey with these delicious and healthy ones. Very easy to make at home, they’re perfect for feeding kids porridge and make for a great tea accompaniment.
- Wheat Flour 2 ½ cups
- Butter 1 cup
- Raisins 1 cup
- Eggs, beaten 3
- Vanilla essence or extract 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- White sugar 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda 2 teaspoons
- Oatmeal or toasted wheat porridge 2 cups
- Pecans or Walnuts ¾ cup
- Combine raisins, beaten eggs and vanilla; stir and let stand for an hour.
- Cream together butter and both of the sugars in a bowl. Gradually stir in flour, salt, soda and cinnamon; mix well until smooth.
- Now stir in eggs and raisins mixture in it, add oatmeal or toasted wheat porridge and chopped nuts; knead.
- Roll the dough into small balls within your palms and then flatten them slightly on ungreased cookie sheets or baking tray.
Tip: If the mixture turns out to be of pouring consistency, drop it in the baking tray with a spoon.
- Bake the cookies on 180 degree Celsius for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Bring out of the oven and cool on wired rack, store in airtight jars and use when required.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 27 minutes