The word cheesecake is enough to bring the picture of a smooth delicious dessert to the mind, and mango is a fruit hardly few can resist. A crumbly cracker base topped by a cheesy soft cream layer with chopped fresh mangoes and chocolate as topping makes this mango cheesecake even more tempting.
For the bottom layer
- Crackers or any less-sweet biscuits 14 – 15
- Honey 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder 1/4 teaspoons
For the middle and top layers
- Sweet, firm flesh mangoes (Preferably without fiber) 3 medium
- Plain Cream Cheese 200 – 225 grams
- Thick Cream 200 ml
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Sugar As required
- Agar Agar powder 3 – 3.5 teaspoons
- Water 3/4 cup
- Chopped mangoes, whipped cream,chocolate shavings For garnish
- Grind the crackers / biscuits along with the cinnamon powder and honey in a food processor to an even mixture.
- Grease a pie pan with unsalted butter or any oil you prefer and then spread the grinded mixture in it. Press down the mixture using your fingers or a small spatula into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the fridge to allow the bottom crumbly crust to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the top two layers. Place the agar agar in a saucepan of water for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Puree the mangoes and divide it into 2 portions. Keep both aside.
- Whisk the thick cream, vanilla, cream cheese, and sugar in a mixing bowl to a smooth mixture.
- Add one portion of the mango puree to the cream mixture and whisk to smoothness again.
- Place the saucepan with water and agar agar on heat and stir-cook the mixture until the agar agar dissolves. The final mixture will be a smooth gelatinous liquid.
- Once this mixture warms up, divide it into 2 portions. Add one to the mango cream cheese mixture (mix quickly while stirring) and the other to the remaining mango puree.
Tip: If the mangoes are not sweet, then add some sugar to this half of the mango puree before you add the agar agar solution.
In case, the agar agar solidifies before or while mixing, then reheat it again adding some water. You can also keep it on a hot water bath to melt it again.
- Remove the pan with the cracker crust and pour the mango cream cheese mixture over it. Shake the pan lightly to spread the mixture evenly. Then make it smoother by spreading through a spatula. Then place the pan in the fridge again for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the fridge after 35 minutes and pour the mango puree and agar agar mixture over the previous contents. Spread evenly using spatula.
Tip: If the mango puree has become thick with the agar agar setting in it, then just lightly microwave it before pouring.
- Finally cover the pie pan with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 3 – 4 hours. After this time, un-mould the cake on a serving plate.
- Garnish the cake with freshly chopped mangoes, a dollop or swirl of whipped thick cream and chocolate shavings.
- Slice the mango cheesecake and serve. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 1 hour (excluding refrigeration time)
Servings: 4 – 5