This is a very easy to make whole wheat cake. Perfect as a snack, it will surely cheer your kids up. Try this at home and delight your family during these stressful Coronavirus time.
- 1.5 tea cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tea cup milk
- 1 tea cup sugar
- ½ tea cup oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp cocoa
- Chopped nuts and tutti fruity
- Take a bowl and sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder together in it
- In another bowl add milk with sugar. Then add oil to it with vinegar. Blend.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture. Combine to form smooth batter.
- In another bowl finely chop some of the nuts (save some for later). Add ½ tsp flour to the chopped nuts and mix.
- Add flour coated nuts into the batter and mix everything well.
- Take a large pan and put a little water in it. Place a small bowl in it upside down to make a stand.
- Grease another pan in which cake batter will be made. Pour the prepared batter in this pan.
- Add the reserved nuts on top. Also add the chocochips and tutti fruity.
- Place this pan on top of the upside down bowl inside the larger pan. Cover the larger pan and switch on the heat underneath.
- Cook on a very low flame for 35-40 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
- Allow the bowl to cool down. Thereafter, remove the lid and carefully take out the cake pan.
- Insert a toothpick at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, your cake is properly baked.
- Run a knife along the sides of the pan to ensure it is detached. Then turn this pan upside down on a plate to demould the cake.
Preparation Time: 50 minutes