The scorching heat needs something chilled to bring the temperature down, and if it’s a healthy food item, well, nothing like it. This frozen yogurt recipe yield amazingly delicious and chilled yogurt that will cool your mind and refresh your senses. Frozen yogurt is usually made by freezing sweetened yogurt (sometimes other dairy products too). It varies from ice cream as it is a bit more tart but lower in fat as compared to ice cream due to use of milk instead of cream.
- Greek yogurt (or simple yogurt) 3 cups
- White sugar 2/3rd cup
- Mixed raisins and candied fruits ½ cup
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Combine the yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar completely then refrigerate to chill for at least an hour.
- Stir in the mixed raisins and candied fruits and transfer mixture into ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions then transfer into plastic container and cover the surface with a plastic sheet; close the container with its lid.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Tip: For best results, refrigerate it overnight. A suitable sugar substitute like sucrose or honey may be used instead of white sugar for health reasons.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (excluding freezing time)