Sweet version of pancakes, Crepes are a lovely dish to please the senses. Easy to make and loved by kids and adults, they can be served with or without filling. Here’s a simple recipe to make delicious French Crepes graced with Nutella, strawberries and nuts; and you can top it all with whipped cream too!
- Milk 1-½ cups
- Flour (Wheat or Buckwheat) 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Cooking Oil 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla 1 teaspoon
- Strawberries, sliced 6 – 7
- Nutella 2 – 3 tablespoons
- Chopped Nuts 1 tablespoon
- Flat non-stick pan
- Wooden spatula
- Put the flour and eggs in a blender and blend to mix well.
- Then add the milk, sugar and vanilla. Blend again to form a smooth flowing batter. Add a little water (not too much) if the batter appears too thick.
- Place a flat non-stick pan over medium heat and spread a little oil on it.
- Pour 2 ladles of the batter on the pan and spread it around with a spatula.
- Cook for about 2 minutes and then flip it over. Cook for another 2 minutes on the other side too.
Tip: Take care not to let the crepe surfaces turn dark brown in color.
- Transfer the cooked crepe to a serving plate.
- Spread a thick layer of nutella on one surface of the crepe. Then spread slices strawberries on it.
- Fold the crepe from one side to form a semi-circle. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top and serve.
Tip: You can also use bananas for the crepe filling.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4