This recipe enables you to bake a tempting and delicious egg-less walnut cake in very simple and easy way. With easily available ingredients and simple steps, baking a cake is not longer a chef’s job. Surprise your kids with this yummy treat during holidays. Perfect to serve at any time during the day.
- Powdered Sugar 1 cup
- Milk (room temperature) 1 cup
- All-purpose flour (Maida) 2 cups
- Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
- Melted Butter 125 grams
- Vanilla Essence 2 teaspoons
- White Vinegar 2 teaspoons
- Chopped Walnuts ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons
- Take an 8 inch spring-foam pan or simple cake pan and grease it generously with cooking oil. Line the bottom and sides of the greased pan with parchment paper. Keep aside, and preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk into a bowl. Stir to dissolve and keep it aside too.
- Now combine all-purpose flour and baking powder in another large bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Make a pit at the center of flour and pour in melted butter. Add vanilla essence and white vinegar.
- Gradually pour in prepared sugar and milk mixture while stirring constantly. Stir to mix making sure that no lumps are formed. You may use an electric hand or stand mixer as well. Mix until smooth.
- Now add chopped walnuts and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared spring-form cake pan. Gently tap the pan on flat surface so as to release any air bubbles and sprinkle 2 tbsp or more chopped walnuts on top.
- Put the pan in preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 to 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes open the oven door and check the doneness by inserting a toothpick at the center of cake, It should come out clean.
- If required, bake for another 5 or 10 minutes, or until well baked and golden brown on top.
- Bring out the cake from oven and allow cooling in pan itself for 10 to 15 minutes. When cooled, unlock the pan and lift the side cover, remove the parchment papers.
- Walnut cake is ready. Allow cooling completely to room temperature on wire rack before serving.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4