Bet you haven’t tried this one! This coconut flavored mousse is a testimony to the amazing combination unique flavors can make. If you love coconuts and cheese, you should definitely make this delightful mousse and please your senses.
- Fresh coconut flakes 50 grams
- Mascarpone cheese 250 grams
- Coconut milk 100 ml
- Coconut extract 1 teaspoon
- Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Whole wheat graham cracker crumbs 150 grams
- Heavy whipping cream 250 ml
- Egg whites 2
- Icing sugar 6 tablespoons
- Melted butter 50 grams
Note: Making coconut flakes at home is easy. Just drain all the water from a coconut and then bake the coconut in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 10 minutes till it cracks slightly. Then remove the outer brown shell of the coconut and shred the edible white part to get fresh coconut flakes.
- Combine the coconut flakes, melted butter and cracker crumbs in a bowl.
- Spoon a little of this mixture into every serving glass or dish and press it lightly to make an even base. Keep these glasses or dishes in the fridge.
- In a separate bowl combine the whipping cream, vanilla extract and half the sugar. Keep this bowl in the fridge.
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut extract and mascarpone cheese in another bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the egg whites with the remaining sugar using an electric beater on highest speed. Keep beating the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the cream mixture from the fridge and combine the mixtures in the other two bowls with this one.
- Beat everything until smooth.
- Now remove the serving glasses or dishes from the fridge and divide the mousse into them.
- Keep the glasses or dishes in the fridge for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Garnish with graham cracker crumbs if desired. Then, serve chilled!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 – 5