Blueberry or Falsa (Indian name) is a seasonal fruit that’s sweet and tangy and brings back childhood memories. Found as indigo or violet colored small circular balls, this is one fruit no-one can hate. Here’s an amazing recipe to create blueberry flavored muffins at home that you won’t be able to resist. They’re super easy to make and super delicious to eat! Try them out today.
- All purpose flour (or Maida) 1 ½ cups
- Sugar ¾ cup
- Baking powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Egg 1
- Vegetable oil 1/3 cup
- Milk Less than 2/3 cup
- Blueberries 1 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C and grease the muffin cups.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a measuring cup put oil and egg, and fill the rest of the cup with milk and then pour the mixture in a bowl.
- Whisk the oil, egg and milk mixture to get an even texture.
- Add the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture slowly and mix nicely to get evenly mixed.
- Add vanilla essence and blueberries into the mixture and mix again.
- Pour the mixture with a spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven. Check once after 20 minutes by inserting a skewer, if undone then bake for 5 minutes more. Cooking time may vary depending on the model and size of the oven.
- Bring the muffins out of the oven and let them cool to the room temperature.
- Demold the muffins and serve with coffee or tea.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 12 muffins