A cool trick to beat the heat, these frozen fruit and low-fat yogurt popsicles without sugar are healthy too! A blend of fresh bananas, yogurt and berries of your choice give these frozen popsicles color and taste that can be cherished by kids and adults alike.
Ingredients for Berry, Banana & Yogurt Frozen Popsicles
- 3 cups Fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- 1 cup Low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Fresh Ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 10 Craft sticks
- 10 Popsicle moulds
- Pour the honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the berries to it
Note: You can use any berries you like and as per availability. Raspberries, Blueberries as well as Strawberries make equally good popsicles.
- Lower the heat and simmer the berries and honey for 5 minutes.
- Side by side, blend the banana and yogurt to a smooth mixture using a blender.
- Turn off the flame and place a wire-mesh over a bowl. Strain the honey and berry mixture through this mesh and squeeze out all juice from the pulp.
- Cover the bowl with the honey-berry mixture and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes. While it chills, divide the banana-yogurt mixture into 10 popsicle moulds.
- Remove the honey-berry mixture from the fridge after 30 minutes and pout it over the yogurt mixture in the moulds. Give it a little swirl to mix the tastes and colors.
- Seal the moulds with lids and insert the craft sticks in them. Freeze the moulds for 6 hours or more as required till they are completely frozen.
- Enjoy them chilled.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (excluding freezing time)