A classic dessert loved by all, the apple pie can be easily made at home with ready-made pie crusts. A filling made with delicious apples, sugar and a hint of lemon juice and cardamom makes this apple pie a delicacy everyone would relish!
Ingredients for Apple Pie
- 2 Ready-made pie crusts
(If using frozen or refrigerated ones, soften them as per package instructions)
- 6 medium Apples, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Cardamom, finely ground
- Set the oven to preheating at 205 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
- Line a pie pan with one of the ready-made pie crust. Press it firmly against the sides and bottom.
- Combine the flour, sugar, lemon juice and cardamom powder in a large bowl.
- Add the apple wedges and toss to coat them evenly.
- Transfer this mixture to the pie pan lined with the pie crust.
- Then cover the mixture with the second pie crust.
- Press the edges of the crusts together and trim any excess hanging out of the dish. Cut a few holes or slits on the top to allow air circulation.
Tip: If you want to make it look stylish, crimp the edges of the crusts in a designer manner.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top crust turns brown in color.
- Then reduce the temperature to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven when done and allow it to cool.
- Cut into slices and serve warm!
Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Serves: 8 – 10