Beat the heat with chilled Yogurt!
Nothing cools a hot and humid afternoon like a bowl of chilled yogurt – homemade or packed. I love to have a serving of spiced or sweetened chilled yogurt as a snack on a summer day. The best part about yogurt, or curd, is that it can be transformed into so much in such a little time; and with minimum effort. Moreover, it is much healthier than the other junk most of us munch on when we’re troubled by hunger pangs.
Here are 7 benefits you can get from a bowl of Yogurt:
- Yogurt with active cultures helps digestion
- Pro-biotic yogurt boosts immunity
- For diabetic women, having yogurt with active cultures regularly can discourage vaginal infections (consult your physician before trying this out)
- Yogurt is rich in calcium and thus helps prevent Osteoporosis
- A few studies show that Yogurt consumption reduces the risk of high blood pressure
- As I pointed above, snacking on low-fat Yogurt helps cut your calorie intake
- While you may not be aware of it, having yogurt regularly makes hair healthy
Didn’t I say you can transform yogurt into so much more?
Here are 5 brilliant Yogurt recipes to brighten up your meal:
1. Yogurt Popsicles
Check out an easy recipe for Yogurt popsicles here.
2. Yogurt Smoothies
Smoothies are a recommended drink for a healthy and good start to the day. Perfect to kill those morning hunger pangs in a nutritious and healthy way!
Here’s an easy Yogurt smoothie recipe.
3. Spiced Yogurt (Indian Raita)
Raita is an important part of Indian meals and comprises primarily of salted yogurt with added spices such as red chili powder and roasted cumin powder. A number of fruits and veggies can be added to raitas to make them interesting.
Try out this recipe for an easy Indian raita.
4. Yogurt Dips
Dips teamed up with fried and baked snacks make for the perfect appetizers. Yogurt is an all-time favorite ingredient for making dips.
Check out this easy yogurt dip recipe.
5. Yogurt Parfait
Parfait refers to a French style frozen dessert made with yogurt, sugar and/or fruit juices layered with fresh or canned fruits. It is a beautiful dessert that pleases the senses and is a perfect fit for parties.
Here’s a simple fruit and yogurt parfait recipe.
Want more Yogurt related recipes? Visit this link.