We’ve all heard the saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away!” But did you know that having an apple a day also keeps ageing away? Bet that’s something new for you. It was for me.
Skin Benefits of Apples
Apples are rich in nutrients for the overall better health of your skin. Some of the most attractive skin benefits of Apples include:
- They have a high content of Vitamin C which helps build collagen
- Their levels of copper encourage your skin to produce melanin. On an average, a large apple has 60 mcg of copper and that’s really good for improving skin texture and colour.
- At the same time, having more melanin in your skin protects it from the harmful UV rays of the sun and builds healthy tissues, eyes, and hair.
- Small amounts of Vitamin A are also found in apples which is excellent for skin-brightening.
- In apples, Vitamin A appears in the form of retinoids, which help build healthy skin and reduce the risk of skin cancer. Having just one apple can contribute up to five percent of a woman’s daily requirements for Vitamin A.
A few delicious Apple Recipes
Apples make for a healthy and quick snack when chopped, sprinkled with cinnamon and spread with almond butter. Perfect for the lunchbox, apples are a delicious addition to several sweet and savoury dishes.
Some of the most interesting ways of using Apples in your food include:
- Apple & Carrot Pancakes
Pancakes with apples & carrots sounds like a delicious idea. Pancakes make for the perfect breakfast because they are filling and quick to prepare. And the best part about them is that you can make them sweet or savoury with a wide choice of ingredients and toppings. Some of the most preferred toppings for these pancakes include maple cream cheese, honey, simple maple syrup, etc. I tried them without any topping and they were just amazing.
Read the recipe for these yummy pancakes here.
- Pine-Apple Teaser
There’s nothing more refreshing than a glass of freshly squeezed juice, and when it’s a combination of multiple flavours, it’s just the best! As the name suggests, this concoction contains Pineapple and Apple juice along with a hint of grape juice and honey. An original recipe, it’s a burst of different tastes within the mouth that will fill you up with energy in an instant. Try it today!
Read the recipe here.
- Apple Pie
Apple pie is a classic dessert loved by all, and it can be easily made at home with ready-made pie crusts. It contains a filling made with fresh and delicious apples, sugar, a hint of lemon juice and cardamom. This is one delicacy everyone would relish!
Read the recipe for the easiest Apple Pie here.
- Apple Gorgonzola Salad
This is unique. Made with veined Italian gorgonzola blue cheese and apples, this filling apple salad has a salty twist that your taste buds will love. This delicious salad may be served as a side dish with dinner or after dinner as well. Perfect for a classy party!
Read the recipe here.
- ABC Salad
There are two reasons why this salad has such a different name; it is made with 3 ingredients whose initials are A, B, and C; and making it is as simple as ABC. This salad brings a refreshing twist to the fruit-veggie combo, by combining Apple, Banana and Cucumber. Making this lemon dressed salad is a 10 minute job and it’s mouth-watering too! A perfect fit for kids!
Read the recipe for this easy salad here.
I’m sure after reading this your next grocery list will include a whole lot of apples!